We know that both ginger and turmeric have some amazing health benefits that are not only claimed by naturopaths and traditional healers, science is proving that many of the claims are true. Why not combine the two into one very tasty tea that your whole family might enjoy?
Our preference is to use fresh ginger root, but you could possibly use ginger powder as a substitute. You might have to play around with the quantity of ginger powder, but here’s a recipe we like to make a tea that is both relaxing, tasty, and very good for you. Try it every day:
Recipe: Ginger-Turmeric Tea
- 5 cups of water
- About 2 to 2 1/2″ ginger root
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 5 Tablespoons of honey.
- Bring the 5 cups of water to a boil in a pot and add the honey, stirring to mix well.
- While the water is boiling, peel the ginger and juice the lemon. Slice the peeled ginger into very thin slices.
- When the water and honey has come to a boil, add the ginger root slices, turmeric and lemon juice.
- Simmer allowing the tea to brew for about ten minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4